7 Number of reviews:
100 % Recommendation rate:
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||1,708 m|
|Lowest point:||750 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||791 m|
|Lifts in total:||37|
|Pistes in total:||53 km|
Hotel Bavaria °°°°
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe family-run Hotel Bavaria is situated at the edge of Oberstaufen, some 800 m away from the resort centre. The ski bus stops directly across from the accommodation and brings you to the surrounding ski areas of Sinswang (approx. 1.5 km), Hündle (approx. 4) and Steibis (approx. 5 km). Access to the nearest cross-country trail can also be found directly at the accommodation.
The cosy hotel is furnished with a reception, breakfast room, restaurant and ski room. Furthermore, a spa area with indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and infrared cabin are also available to use (incl.). For a fee, you can enjoy various massages or cosmetic treatments (with prior reservation). Free parking spaces are also available to use at the hotel.
As a guest of the hotel, you will also receive the Oberstaufen PLUS Card in resort. This card grants you access 1 x daily to either the Hochgrat ski area or the Hündle/Thalkirchdorf ski area, or the Imberg and SkiArena Steibis ski areas, or free entrance to the Aquaria Waterpark (free to choose each day). Furthermore, when showing your Card, you can enjoy unlimited access to the Sinswang ski area and the ice rink in the Kurpark, as well as free use of the Oberstaufen ski bus and much more (services subject to change, as per information in resort).
RoomsThe modern and newly renoveated rooms are comprised of a shower/wc, satellite TV, Wi-Fi (incl.), hair dryer, cosmetic mirror, French bed or double bed, telephone, radio, safe (incl.) and some come with a balcony or terrace.
BoardA breakfast buffet is included in the total holiday price. Furthermore, you will also receive an oven-fresh pizza on the day of arrival.
Double room, shower/wc, BB
- Cosy rooms with satellite TV
- Some with balcony or terrace
- Pets welcome on request (€12 per day, excl. food)
- Please arrange an appointment for your spa treatment before your arrival (telephone number can be found in your travel documents).
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of spa area (as per description)
- Bathrobe hire
- 1 x Pizza on day of arrival
- Wi-Fi (in the room)
- Safe (in the room)
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 2,50 per person/night
Available in resort (optional)
- Cosmetic and Ayurvedic treatments
How does one best travel to Germany? For the Bavarian Alps, the nearest airports are Salzburg and Innsbruck (in Austria) and Munich and Friedrichshafen (in Germany). For the Bavarian Forest, you would best fly to Munich (Germany) or Salzburg (Austria). For the Black Forest region, you can consider travelling via Stuttgart or Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden (Germany), EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (France) or Zürich (Switzerland). For Sachsen, Prague (CZ) or Munich are best; for Sauerland, Cologne/Bonn or Dortmund. In Germany, you will often find a train station directly in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Oberstaufen (in resort), Immenstadt (approx. 20 km)
- By plane: Friedrichshafen (approx. 60 km), Memmingen (approx. 75 km), Innsbruck (approx. 175 km), Munich (approx. 200 km)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?