Résidence du Soleil
8 Number of reviews:
43 % Recommendation rate:
Les 2 Alpes
Information about the ski area
Les 2 Alpes
|Highest point:||3,560 m|
|Lowest point:||1,280 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,650 m|
|Lifts in total:||52|
|Pistes in total:||225 km|
|Ski routes:||100 km|
Résidence du Soleil °°.
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe cosy Résidence du Soleil is located very close to the piste and offers a fantastic view of the entire upper valley of Les 2 Alpes. The ski lifts and the approx. 800 m distant resort centre are easily reached with the free ski bus, which regularly runs between the accommodation and the centre, with numerous restaurants and shops. In the neighbouring accommodation Flocon d'Or you can find a reception with Wi-Fi (for a fee), ski box, as well as free-of-charge parking spaces and a parking garage (payable locally). 1 x per day, entry to the ice rink and Les 2 Alpes pool with heated outdoor area is included in the lift pass.
FurnishingThe cosy apartments have a living/sleeping area with TV, separate bedrooms or sleeping alcoves respectively, bathroom and separate wc. There also is a kitchenette with hob, oven, refrigerator and dishwasher, as well as a balcony. Daily evening meal or daily half-board are additionally bookable during the booking process (for a surcharge).
You can find more information about Pow(d)erWeek 2016 here.
- Pets welcome (€50 per week, excl. food)
- Boxer-style swim shorts are not allowed in the pool!
- Evening meal and half-board are served in the restaurant "Le Sherpa" (if booked).
- Dogs must be kept on a leash on the premises!
- Please note for arrival and departure, that the Grand Tunnel du Chambon on the D1091 (between Les Deux Alpes and Briançon) is closed.
Available in resort (for free)
- Access to public swimming pool (as per description)
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
- 10% reduction on 5- or 6-day lesson with our partner ski school
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 1,03 per person/night
- Deposit: €300 per apartment
Available in resort (optional)
- Bread roll service (in Résidence Le Flocon d'Or)
- Bed linen: €11 pp
- Towels: €6 pp
- Final cleaning (excl. kitchen): from €56 per apart.
- Cleaning pack: €5
- TV: approx. €40 per wk.
- Wi-Fi (as per description): €5 per day or €20 per wk.
- Baby facilities (children's bed, high chair and bath tub): €25 per wk.
- Parking garage: approx. €40 p wk.
How does one best travel to France? The nearest airports are Grenoble and Chambéry (for the regions of Hautes Alpes, Isère, or Savoy). Nice is the nearest airport for Haute Provence. For air travel to Haute Savoy, the airports Annecy, Genève-Cointrin, Chambéry, or Geneva are also an option, depending on the resort. In France, there is rarely a train station in the resort; Chamonix is one of the few exceptions. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- General advice for travel: Please note for arrival and departure, that the Grand Tunnel du Chambon on the D1091 (between Les Deux Alpes and Briançon) is closed.
- By train: Grenoble (approx. 70 km),
- By plane: Grenoble (approx. 110 km), Chambéry (approx. 135 km), Lyon-Saint-Exupery (approx. 155 km), Turin (approx. 185 km)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?