No reviews available yet.
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,313 m|
|Lowest point:||1,630 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,664 m|
|Lifts in total:||31|
|Pistes in total:||100 km|
Hotel Latschenhof ****
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe comfortable 4-star Hotel Latschenhof is located centrally in Obertauern, only approx. 100 m from the lift and about 50 m from the centre. The facilities of this modern hotel include a reception, lobby, lift, common and TV room, Wi-Fi (incl.), breakfast room, dining room, a cosy parlour, bar, conservatory and a ski room with heated ski boxes. The spacious spa area (incl.) has a steam room, 2 Finnish saunas and a relaxarium (opening hours 15:30 - 20:00). The solarium and massages can be used for a fee. A terrace and free parking spaces are also available.
RoomsThe cosy rooms have a bath or shower7wc, cable TV (flat screen), radio, telephone, Wi-Fi (incl.), mini bar, safe (incl.), hair drier and partially a balcony or a terrace.
BoardThe holiday price includes half board PLUS, which consists of a breakfast buffet (Sundays breakfast with sparkling wine and salmon until 11:00), an afternoon snack with sweet and savoury dishes as well as coffee and cakes (16:00 - 17:00) and a 6-course menu to choose from with salad buffet in the evening (choice of 3 mains). Sometimes, themed evenings are organised (see local information). On Christmas and New Year's, special gala dinners are provided. Children's menus are possible for the little guests.
- Pets welcome (€15 per day, excl. food)
- Access to the spa area is only permitted from 14 years.
- Please note that children ride for free up to their 6th birthday when accompanied by a parent. When attending ski lessons, a lift pass must be purchased locally.
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of spa area (as per description)
- Bath slippers (to rent)
- Christmas and New Year's Eve menu
- Table tennis
- Table kicker
- Children's bed
- Children's high chair
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 1,60 per person/night
- Keycard: €2
Available in resort (optional)
- Massages (previous appointment necessay)
- Bathrobe hire: €5 per piece
- All persons in the Double room, shower/wc, HB PLUS receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 35%
- 6-15 years 20%
- 16-18 years 10%
- from 64 years 5%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB PLUS, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 2 years 100%
- 3-4 years 70%
- 5-11 years 50%
- 12-14 years 40%
- from 15 years 20%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Radstadt (approx. 20 km)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 95 km), Klagenfurt (approx. 150 km), Munich (approx. 265 km)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?