No reviews available yet.
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,313 m|
|Lowest point:||1,630 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,664 m|
|Lifts in total:||31|
|Pistes in total:||100 km|
Alpenhotel Tauernkönig ***
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe family-run 3-star Alpenhotel Tauernkönig lies directly at the mountain lifts Grünwaldkopf and Zehnerkarbahn, making a direct descent to the hotel possible when snow conditions allow it. The resort centre can be found approx. 700 m away. The accommodation consists of the main house and the neighbouring house Gamsspitzl, which is around 300 m farther away.
The facilities of this friendly hotel include a welcome area with reception, lift, dining room, a la carte restaurant with pizzeria, alp parlour with open fireplace, a cosy hotel bar, heated boot room and a spacious sun terrace with the après ski hut "Hasnstall". The free-of-charge sauna area with steam room, sauna and infrared cabin can be used by guests. The solarium and a jacuzzi bath tub can be used for a fee. Free parking spaces are also available.
RoomsThe cosy rooms are equipped with a bath or shower/wc, partly a separate wc, cable TV, Wi-Fi (incl.), telephone, radio, hired bathrobe, hair drier and safe (incl.).
BoardThe included half board PLUS offers a breakfast buffet, coffee and cakes from 16:00 - 17:00 and a 6-course menu to choose from (choice of 3 mains) with salad buffet in the evening. The Christmas and New Year's dinners are also included. A special children's menu is available on request.
Double room, shower/wc, HB PLUS
- Cosy rooms with cable TV
Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB PLUS
- Cosy rooms with cable TV
- Pets welcome (€15 per day, excl. food)
- Please note that children ride for free up to their 6th birthday when accompanied by a parent. When attending ski lessons, a lift pass must be purchased locally.
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of sauna area (as per description)
- Bathrobe hire (at the reception)
- Christmas and New Year's Eve menu
- Wi-Fi (in the room)
- Safe (in the room)
- Children's bed
- Children's high chair
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 1,60 per person/night
- Keycard: €2
Available in resort (optional)
- Solarium: €6.50
- Jacuzzi tub: €6
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB PLUS, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 2 years 100%
- 3-4 years 70%
- 5-11 years 50%
- 12-14 years 40%
- from 15 years 10%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Radstadt (approx. 20 km)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 95 km), Klagenfurt (approx. 150 km), Munich (approx. 265 km)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?