At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe well-kept Hotel Rebstock is located in the centre of Meiringen and approx. 500 m from the ski area. The closest ski bus stop is approx. 50 m from the accommodation. The family-run hotel comprises of a historically listed building, and a newer style building which is directly connected to the accommodation.
Facilities include a reception, a traditional à la carte restaurant, a lounge with TV, lift in the new building, internet connection in the new building, a children's playroom and ski room. Free parking spaces are also available at the hotel. Daily use of the indoor public pool, which is 50 m away, is included in the holiday price. The pool is open from Mondays to Fridays from 13:30 - 22:00 and on the weekends from 13:30 - 18:00 p.m..
The following specials are offered with your lift pass as booked: lift passes from 4 days' validity allow you to use the toboggan bus from Meiringen to the Big Schneidegg from 26/12/2015 - 03/01/2016 and 30/01/2016 - 28/02/2016 for free. Additionally you can hire sleds for a discount fare from Schwarzwaldalp. In case you booked a multi-day lift pass you may also take part in free-of-charge night skiing (every Friday from 15/01/2016 - 18/03/2016) as well as night sledging on the Mägisalp-Bidmi (every Wednesday from 27.01. - 09.03.2016). Additionally, a "Welcome Lunch" in the mountain restaurants Mägisalp and Käserstatt as well as toboggan hire for the Schlittelweg from Mägisalp to Bidmi are included.
RoomsThe comfortable rooms have a bath or shower/wc, cable TV, telephone, Wi-Fi (incl., in side building), radio and safe. Accommodation may take place in the new or the historical building.
BoardHalf-board includes a hearty breakfast and 4-course evening meal. The 4-course Christmas and the 5-course New Year's Eve dinners are also included.
Double room, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms with cable TV
Double room/2 addl. beds, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms with cable TV
- Pets welcome on request (CHF 8 per day, excl. food)
- Please note, that in Meiringen the annual "Haslitaler Trycheln" takes place from 26th to 31th of December 2015. The traditional, nocturnal processions may cause noise disturbance, depending on the location of your accommodation.
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of public swimming pool in Meiringen
- Christmas and New Year's Eve menu
- Wi-Fi (in new building)
- Children's bed (on request)
- Children's high chair (on request)
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. CHF 3,00 per person/night
- Keycard: CHF 5
- All persons in the Double room, shower/wc, HB receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 12 years 30%
- 13-15 years 10%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/2 addl. beds, shower/wc, HB, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 10 years 100%
- 11-12 years 60%
- 13-13 years 45%
- 14-15 years 25%
- 16-16 years 10%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Switzerland? Among the nearest airports are Zurich, Basel, Sion, and Bern. Depending on the destination, Friedrichshafen, Milan, or Innsbruck are also feasible. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Meiringen (in resort)
- By plane: Bern (approx. 80 km), Zurich (approx. 115 km), Basel (approx. 155 km)
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,433 m|
|Lowest point:||1,055 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||595 m|
|Lifts in total:||15|
|Pistes in total:||60 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?