At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe comfortable, 3-star Posthotel Strengen am Arlberg is situated in a central, quiet location in the identically-named resort Strengen. The free bus, which stops only approx. 35 m away, brings you comfortably to the approx. 18 km distant resort St. Anton and its ski area. The cross-country track can be accessed approx. 1 km from the accommodation.
The facilities of the family-run hotel include a reception, lobby with Wi-Fi (incl.), lift, breakfast room, dining hall, restaurant, bar, café, terrace, parlour as well as a ski and boots room. You can relax in the spa area with steam bath, sauna, and relaxation room where free spring water and tea are available (incl., opening times as per description on-site). Free-of-charge parking spaces are also available.
RoomsThe comfortable rooms have a bath or shower/wc, satellite TV with integrated radio, telephone, safe (incl.), partly a pull-out couch, and hair drier.
BoardUpon your arrival, a glass of sparkling wine awaits you (one per full-payer) and also a daily breakfast buffet is included in the holiday price. In resort you have the possibility to add and pay for the 3-course evening menu with salad buffet, which also includes the Christmas and New Year's Eve dinners. On request, children's menus can be prepared for the little ones.
Double room, shower/wc, BB
- Comfortable rooms with satellite TV
Double room/2 addl. beds, shower/wc, BB
- Comfortable rooms with satellite TV
- Pets welcome on request (payable locally, excl. food)
- Children are only permitted to access the spa area if accompanied by an adult.
- Access to the sauna and steam bath is only permitted from 16 years.
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of spa area (as per description)
- Bathrobe and slippers (to rent posibbly requires deposit)
- Welcome drink
- Wi-Fi (in the lobby)
- Safe (in the room)
- Children's bed (on request)
- Children's high chair
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 2,60 per person/night
- Keycard: €5
Available in resort (optional)
- All persons in the Double room, shower/wc, BB receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 7 years 50%
- 8-15 years 20%
- 16-19 years 10%
- 64-73 years 10%
- from 74 years 30%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/2 addl. beds, shower/wc, BB, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 4 years 100%
- 5-7 years 80%
- 8-16 years 50%
- from 17 years 30%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Strengen (in resort), St. Anton (approx. 18 km)
- By plane: Innsbruck (approx. 80 km), Friedrichshafen (approx. 145 km), Salzburg (approx. 260 km), Munich (approx. 285 km)
Posthotel Strengen am Arlberg
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,811 m|
|Lowest point:||1,304 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,012 m|
|Lifts in total:||122|
|Pistes in total:||347 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?