At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe cosy Résidence La Grande Motte is located in the centre of Tignes Val Claret, approx. 100 m from the underground standing cable car that runs to the Grande Motte glacier. Accommodation facilities include a reception with Wi-Fi (payable locally), luggage room, ski boxes and a table tennis room. Parking spaces and a parking garage in the closer area are available at a fee, depending on free spaces.
Furnishing/BoardThe cosy studios offer a living/sleeping area with sofa bed, alcove with bunk neds, bath or shower/wc, TV, as well as a balcony or terrace. Further, there is a fully equipped kitchenette with electric hob, oven, microwave, electric kettle, coffee machine and a refrigerator.
Studio, sleeps 4 (approx. 28 m² ), SC
- Living/sleeping area with double sofa bed and TV
- Sleeping alcove with bunk beds
- Balcony or terrace
- Pets welcome (€55 per week, only with valid proof of rabies vaccination)
Available in resort (for free)
- Bed linen
- Luggage deposit
- Board games rental (upon availability)
- Table tennis
- Shuttle service (Le Lavachet - Le Val Claret and Les Boisses - Tignes le Lac)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 1,65 per person/night
- Deposit €200 per week
Available in resort (optional)
- Bread roll service
- Final cleaning (excl. kitchen)
- Wi-Fi (at the reception and in the apartments)
- Cleaning pack
- Baby facilities
- Public parking spaces in close proximity: €82
- All persons in the Studio, sleeps 4 (approx. 28 m² ), SC receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 4 years 60%
- from 75 years 60%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to France? The nearest airports are Grenoble and Chambéry (for the regions of Hautes Alpes, Isère, or Savoy). Nice is the nearest airport for Haute Provence. For air travel to Haute Savoy, the airports Annecy, Genève-Cointrin, Chambéry, or Geneva are also an option, depending on the resort. In France, there is rarely a train station in the resort; Chamonix is one of the few exceptions. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Bourg Saint Maurice (approx. 30 km)
- By plane: Chambéry (approx. 145 km), Turin (approx. 165), Geneva (approx. 175 km), Grenoble (approx. 220 km)
Résidence La Grande MotteNEW!
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||3,456 m|
|Lowest point:||1,550 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||2,100 m|
|Lifts in total:||71|
|Pistes in total:||300 km|
|Ski routes:||40 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?