25 Number of reviews:
88 % Recommendation rate:
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,686 m|
|Lowest point:||860 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,002 m|
|Lifts in total:||52|
|Pistes in total:||186 km|
|Ski routes:||21 km|
Hotel Helenenburg ***
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe traditional 3-star Hotel Helenenburg enjoys an ideal location with view of the Gastein Valley, approx. 2 km away from the resort centre. The Graukogel lift is located approx. 300 m away and ski-in to the accommodation is possible under good snow conditions. The free ski bus stops directly at the hotel and also brings you to the approx. 3 km distant Stubnerkogel lift.
Facilities of the health and vacation hotel include a receiving area with reception, lift, common room and TV room, internet corner and Wi-Fi (incl.), breakfast room, dining hall, restaurant, bar, ski and boot room, conservatory, terrace, and garden. The fitness room, as well as the sauna are available and can be used free of charge. Various massages, on the other hand, can be booked for a fee. Parking spaces can be used for free.
RoomsThe friendly furnished rooms offer a bath or shower/wc, satellite TV, telephone, hair dryer, and a balcony or terrace.
BoardThe included half-board consists of a breakfast buffet, as well as a 4-course evening meal with choice and salad buffet. A Christmas and New Year's Eve dinner is also already included.
Double room, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy room with satellite TV
- Balcony or terrace
- Pets welcome (approx. €10 per day, excl. food)
- Children born in 2011 or younger use the lifts for free. Should your child be using the lifts independently in other ski areas, a Minicard (lift pass) has to be acquired locally.
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of the sauna
- Use of fitness room
- Christmas and New Year's Eve menu
- Internet corner
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
- 5% reduction on lesson with our partner ski school
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 2,20 per person/night
- Research institution fee: €1.10 pp/stay
- Keycard: €3
Available in resort (optional)
- Children's bed: €15 per stay
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Bad Gastein (in resort), Zell am See (approx. 50 km), Salzburg (approx. 100 km)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 95 km), Innsbruck (approx. 190 km), Klagenfurt (approx. 220 km), Munich (approx. 260 km)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?