Hotel Der Abtenauer
77 Number of reviews:
61 % Recommendation rate:
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||1,620 m|
|Lowest point:||780 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||712 m|
|Lifts in total:||58|
|Pistes in total:||119 km|
|Ski routes:||44 km|
Hotel Der Abtenauer °°°°
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe traditional Hotel Der Abtenauer is located in the resort centre, approx. 1.4 km from the ski area Karkogel Abtenau and approx. 50 m from the next ski bus stop. The ski area Dachstein West can be reached within approx. 12 km and you can find the next cross-country trail (with flood light) within approx. 500 m. The comfortable and partly newly renovated accommodation's facilities include a hotel hall with reception, lift, Wi-Fi (in public areas, incl. after a one-time application fee), à la carte restaurant, cocktail bar, disco, and a ski and boots room. The entrance area, bar and restaurant are newly refurbished.
The in-house spa oasis (open daily between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.) offers sauna, steam bath, relaxation room with aroma grotto and relaxation showers (incl.) for you to unwind in. If paid for locally, you can also use the solarium, infrared cabins, and jacuzzi. Parking spaces can be used for a fee (based on availability).
RoomsThe comfortable and lovingly furnished rooms all offer a bath or shower/wc, cable TV (flat screen), telephone, safe (incl.) and hair drier.
BoardIncluded in the holiday price is half board PLUS, with an extensive and healthy breakfast buffet and a 4-course evening meal (main dish with fish, meat or vegetarian) with salad buffet. Additionally, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (e.g. soft drinks, coffee, tea, water, beer and wine) are available for free during dinner (6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.). The Christmas and New Year's Eve dinners are obligatory (for a fee). All board services are arranged in the dining room. The cocktail bar, à la carte restaurant, disco and terrace do not count in this area.
- Pets welcome (€15 per day, excl. food)
- Pets are not permitted in the restaurant.
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of spa area (as per description)
- Wi-Fi (as per description)
- Participation in activity programme (as per info in resort via TVB)
- Safe (in the room)
- Children's bed (upon availability)
- Children's high chair
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 1,50 per person/night
- Christmas dinner: €25 pp (children reduced)
- New Year's Eve dinner with live music: €45 pp (children reduced)
- Keycard: €2
Available in resort (optional)
- Infrared cabins
- Bathrobe hire: €10 pp/stay
- Wi-Fi: one-time €3 registration fee per stay
- Parking spaces (depends on availability): €2.50 per day
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Golling-Abtenau (approx. 20 km), Bischofshofen (approx. 40 km)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 50 km), Munich (approx. 195 km), Innsbruck (approx. 205 km)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?