At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe cosy Hotel Altein is located quietly but centrally between Obersee and Untersee lakes, only approx. 500 m from the resort centre of Arosa and the Weisshorn lift. The next ski bus stop can be found within approx. 50 m and you have access to the cross-country trails in approx. 1 km.
The cosy accommodation's facilities include a welcome area with lobby and reception, lift, Internet corner (payable locally) as well as Wi-Fi (incl.), common room, reading room, various TV rooms, dining hall, panoramic restaurant, bar, playroom (no child-care service) as well as a ski and ski boots room.
The spa area is approx. 2,500 m² large and can be used for free. It offers a saline bath (100 m²), sauna with plunge basin (cold and warm), Finnish sauna, organic sauna, steam bath, sanarium, infrared cabin, relaxation room, massage basin and an additional adventure pool with a current canal, massage jet loungers and stream volcano (7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.). Massages and a solarium can be used for a locally payable fee, use of the fitness room and table tennis is included. A terrace, a parking place and a parking garage (both for a fee) are also available.
RoomsThe friendly rooms are equipped with a shower/wc, telephone, radio, free Wi-Fi, safe (incl.) and hair drier. Some also have a balcony or terrace.
BoardThe half-board included in the holiday price comprises a breakfast buffet (7:30 - 10 a.m.) and a 4-course menu in the evening. 3 x per week you can look forward to a salad buffet and 1 x per week to a dessert buffet. A themed evening is organised once a week. A children's menu can be prepared for the little ones. On 24/12 and 25/12 you will be treated to a special Christmas menu. There also is a gala menu on New Year's Eve which is served with live music.
Double room, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms with a view of the resort centre at lake Obersee
Single room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms with view of the village centre at Obersee and of the Arosa lift
- The additional beds are only recommended for children up to 15 years!
Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms
- Balcony or terrace facing south, with a view of Arosa and the mountain landscape
Three-bed room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms
- Balcony or terrace, facing south
- Pets welcome (CHF 12 per day, excl. food, dogs only)
- Access to the spa area is permitted to children from 4 years and only if accompanied by an adult.
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of spa area (as per description)
- Use of fitness room
- Christmas and New Year's Eve menu
- Table tennis
- Safe (in the room)
- Children's bed (on request)
- Children's high chair (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Keycard: CHF 5
Available in resort (optional)
- Massages: from CHF 55
- Solarium: CHF 5 per 10 min.
- Bathrobe hire: CHF 10 per week
- Darts: CHF 1 pp/game
- Internet corner
- Parking spaces: CHF 8 per night
- Parking garage: CHF 12 per night
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Three-bed room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 5 years 50%
- 6-12 years 30%
- All persons in the Double room, shower/wc, HB receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 35%
- 6-12 years 25%
- 13-17 years 15%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 5 years 100%
- 6-12 years 50%
- When accommodating 1 persons paying the full holiday price in a Single room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 2 years 100%
- 3-11 years 50%
- 12-15 years 30%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Switzerland? Among the nearest airports are Zurich, Basel, Sion, and Bern. Depending on the destination, Friedrichshafen, Milan, or Innsbruck are also feasible. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Arosa
- By plane: Friedrichshafen (approx. 155 km), Zurich (approx. 155 km), Bolzano (approx. 240 km)
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,865 m|
|Lowest point:||1,229 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,780 m|
|Lifts in total:||43|
|Pistes in total:||225 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?