Frequently Asked Questions
Here you'll find the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding your ski holiday. They are chronologically ordered from searching for and booking the perfect ski holiday, from arrival to the return journey.
1. Search and Book
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?
- What types of reductions exist? We offer many reductions, such as age-related reduction and group reductions or even reduced prices for equipment hire.
Further information regarding reductions and how you can benefit from those for your holiday, you can find here.
- How last-minute can I book? You can book up to one working day (Monday - Friday) before the start of a holiday, until latest 2 p.m.. Payment has to be made via bank transfer or with a card (debit or credit). From 2 weeks prior to departure we however do recommend to use a card, otherwise we will need to request proof of payment from yourself to process the bank transfer. Only after we have received valid proof of payment can we forward the required holiday information.Further information about payment can be found here.
- What does it mean to book "on request"? To book "on request" means that the room you are interested in is not in our guaranteed allocation of beds, and - after making your firm booking - the room will be requested from the accommodation. If the accommodation confirms the room, you will shortly thereafter receive your booking confirmation via e-mail or post.
Should the room not be available, we will promptly inform you. The entire booking will also be cancelled at no cost to yourself. Naturally, we will try to provide you with an equivalent offer, but of course you are not obligated to accept the alternative.
- How can I redeem one or several gift vouchers? Vouchers can be redeemed according to the conditions on the voucher. The voucher number(s) can be entered into the respective box in the section of "Traveller 1", in the last step of the booking process.
There are two types of vouchers (it is identified on each voucher as to which type it is):
Voucher per person: In this case various voucher numbers can be redeemed per booking. Should the voucher value exceed the booking price, the outstanding value expires. A refund of the value is not possible.
Should you have more than one voucher to redeem, please enter the codes all in the same box in the section of "Traveller 1" (e.g. 12345, 56789, 90123,...). The first voucher code applies to traveller 1, the second to traveller 2, and so on.
Voucher per booking: Only one voucher number per booking can be redeemed. The validity may be bound to a minimum holiday price per person or per booking (as per info on the voucher).
When a voucher is only redeemable per booking, the value will always be credited to traveller 1 (lead traveller).
After having entered the voucher number(s) and the lead traveller's personal details you can click the button "Redeem voucher". Then you will see a new price calculation for your holiday, including the voucher amount(s). To finalise your booking, please fill in the rest of the required details and proceed with pressing the button "Firm booking".
- When and how can I pay for the holiday? All information regarding the payment details can be found here
- I've already booked. Can I still book additional services? Booking additional services (travellers, equipment hire, lessons, lift pass extension/upgrade, board) can be done either over the phone or by e-mail until 1 p.m. on the day before travel (has to be a working day: Mon - Fri), provided the remaining balance is paid by credit card. If you had originally selected to pay by bank transfer at the time of booking, please provide your credit card details over the phone. It is only possible to book additional services up to 19 days before the start of the holiday if you will be paying by bank transfer. An exception is booking additional travellers; this can be paid by bank transfer, if payment by credit card is not possible.
- Can I book a two-week holiday? As the majority of our holidays are offered for 7 nights, a 2-week package booking is unfortunately not possible. However, it is possible to book two individual weeks consecutively (check the availability of both dates beforehand!). If you wish to ski on all days, please include the lift pass extension for the 7th day to the first week booking. Please inform us immediately after making both bookings, so that the bookings can be processed accordingly. As these are two separate bookings, all necessary documents are sent separately by week.
- How do I find an accommodation suitable for disabled travellers and wheelchairs? Although we welcome people with disabilities, some of our accommodations are more suitable to choose than others. Once you have entered the basic search criteria (destination | persons | travel dates | duration) and run a search, you will see the advanced search options open on the left hand side of the page. This offers the possibility to select "Wheelchair-accessible" as a criteria under the category "Accommodation facilities". The list of results will then only include such accommodations which are generally suitable for wheelchairs.
Of course, we will gladly contact your desired accommodation to bindingly request a disabled-friendly room for your travel dates. Please give us a call to inform us about such a request.
- Can I book a holiday as a minor? If you are the lead passenger of a booking and are a minor at the time of booking, we require a written consent form from your legal guardians. Please send the consent form as quickly as possible by e-mail, fax or post (please use this form), as it is not possible to process your booking without it.
- Is my data secured or encrypted? We operate with the newest encrypting technology called "Secure Socket Layers" (SSL) to ensure that all your data is only transmitted in an encoded way. SSL is know to be the most secure transmitting service for the Internet worldwide. Every exchange of data between your browser and our website which may include personal details is highly encrypted and therefore secured of being lost, manipulated or subject to error. Your personal details are in safe hands with us! For further information about data security, please see here.
2. Cancelling the Holiday
- How can I cancel my booked holiday? You may withdraw from your holiday at any point before the start of the holiday. Cancellation requests must be made by the lead passenger and should be made in writing (e-mail). Cancellation fees will apply as described in our Booking Conditions (point 4).
If you have an enquiry about cancellation fees in a specific case, please contact us via e-mail, with reference to the booking number, under email@example.com. Cancellations are accepted Mondays - Fridays during office hours. Should we receive your cancellation request outside of these office hours, the effective date of cancellation will be the following working day.
- How can I avoid cancellation fees? If, at the time of your cancellation, you identify an individual who will take your place on the holiday, the only cost you will incur is a booking amendment fee of £17/€20. In this case, all booked services (with the exception of insurance) will be passed on to the new holiday participant.
- Does it make sense to book travel insurance (incl. cancellation insurance)? Travel insurance (incl. cancellation insurance) is so important that we are required by law to offer one. It protects you from the cancellation fees that incur, should you be unable to go on the holiday due to insured reasons, such as illness. As cancellation fees can be up to 90% of the holiday price, we strongly recommend taking out Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance. This will refund you the complete cancellation fees (less a small excess) when you cancel a holiday for an insured reason. Curtailment cover is included in the travel and cancellation insurances, in case you are forced to return home early from the holiday.
- How do I make a claim on my travel insurance (incl. cancellation insurance)? After the lead passenger has informed us in writing of the cancellation of someone in his or her party, we will issue a new Booking Confirmation including an overview for the partial cancellation fees that have arisen. The cancellation fees must be paid to the tour operator. If the individual has purchased travel insurance (incl. cancellation insurance) and is cancelling the holiday due to an insured reason, the individual must contact the insurance provider (not us), stating the number on the insurance certificate, to be reimbursed the cancellation fees. The number on the insurance certificate is identical to the Booking Confirmation number. You will find the contact details for the insurance provider on the insurance certificate. The insurance will notify you as to which documents are necessary (e.g. Cancellation Confirmation, medical report) to receive your reimbursement. Please note that a claim must be filed.
3. Before Your Holiday Begins
- What do I have to pay attention to when travelling abroad (passports, visa and health)? Before you leave your home country, please make sure you have a valid form of ID with you (ID card or passport). A driving license is not considered a valid ID if you have to pass border controls.
If you are of a different nationality or travelling outside your home country, please keep in mind that may have to apply for a visa to go on holiday. This can take a few weeks and therefore should be done as early as possible. Should you need any documentation for the visa application, please let us know.
Within the EU, there are no specific requirements to vaccinations prior to travel. However, it is nevertheless recommendable to keep track of you vaccination history (e.g. should an accident occur). It is always a good idea to sort out travel insurance as to minimise the risk of high charges, should anything happen prior to, or during the trip.
- When and how will I receive the final travel documents? The final travel documents will be sent via e-mail from 14 days before the start of your holiday. The information and vouchers will be sent as a PDF document in an attachment to the e-mail. Should your computer not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, the e-mail will include a link to enable you to download the Reader for free. If you did not provide an e-mail address at the time of booking, you will receive your travel documents by post. The vouchers for accommodation and lift pass(es) are always issued only to the lead traveller, all other booked extras have each one voucher per traveller.
- Do I have to bring bed linen/towels? Whether your apartment is equipped with bed linen and/or towels, or whether these are available for hire in resort, can be seen in the accommodation description. Bed linen and towels are always included with hotels and pensions.
- How are the kitchenettes in the apartments equipped? Kitchenettes generally include utensils, pots, hob, and oven/microwave. Dish detergent and cleaning supplies - as well as toilet paper - should be brought along. Otherwise you may choose to purchase these items at the local supermarket.
- What should I take on holiday? Is there a packing list? Yes, you can check this packing list to make sure you have all the things you shouldn't forget. Print version
Documents and Finances
- Travel documents
- Cash card, credit card
- Cash (country's currency, if necessary)
- Personal ID
- Visa, if necessary, for international bookings
- Proof of international health insurance
- Ski boots/snowboard boots
- Helmet (required for children in Austria & Italy up to 14 years)
- Boot dryer, if necessary
- Multi-functional ski watch "Swatch Access", if necessary
- Ski wax, if necessary
- Ski/snowboard jacket
- Ski/snowboard pants
- Ski socks
- Ski goggles
- Ski gloves
- Ski mask, if necessary
- Fleece jumper/jacket
- Shirt made from breathable fabric
- Long underwear
On the Piste
- Sun lotion with high sun protection factor
- Lip balm with sun protection factor
- First aid kit
- Small rucksack
Holidays in Apartments/Holiday Residences
- Dish detergent
- Dish towels
- Starter set toilet paper
- Food supplies (please note the permitted luggage allowance if you choose to fly. More info here.)
- Bed linen/sleeping bag, if necessary
- Snow chains
- Work gloves
- Ice scraper, de-icing spray, brush
- Safety vest
- Driving directions
- GPS system, road maps
- Writing utensils
- Reading material
- Food for the journey (cereal bars, biscuits, beverages)
- Photo/video camera and batteries or charger
- Medicine (sport salve, Aspirin, plasters)
- Personal things (toiletries, clothing, slippers/shower shoes, bikini/swim shorts)
- Thin gloves
- Alarm clock
- Sewing kit/safety pins, scissors and adhesive tape (for small repairs)
- Tea candles
- Plastic bags
4. Outward Journey and Arrival
- I have booked a self-drive holiday. Will I receive directions to the resort? No. With your holiday information you will also receive a link to a free route planer and you can then identify the best journey from that. If you want to begin your holiday planning earlier, you can use our website: on the respective destination page you will find a tab called "Travel info" with a map and also a link to a route planer.
- What travel possibilities are offered? An overview of the offered types of travel, as well as more exact information regarding these, can be found here.
- What is the latest that I can check into the accommodations? Generally, check-in occurs in the afternoon of the day of arrival. More specific information can be found in your final travel documents and, if available, from your holiday rep at the destination. Should you be arriving after 6 p.m., you are required to contact the accommodation beforehand.
- How can I use the day of arrival to the fullest? We recommend you take a walk through the resort, shop, or take advantage of local leisure activities. Those wishing to ski can purchase a full or half-day lift pass locally. In all destinations it is possible to deposit your luggage, in France sometimes for a fee.
5. In Resort
- Do I have to pay a tourist tax? In many resorts travellers must pay a tourist tax of between €0.20 - 2.50 per person/night. In Austria, the tourist tax is generally paid for through us and is therefore listed in the booking process; otherwise, this is found under "Obligatory Costs in Resort" for the selected accommodation. In France and Switzerland, the tourist tax is payable locally.
- Can I pay the apartment's deposit in cash or by credit card? It is preferred that the deposit be paid by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners). However, it is also generally possible to pay with cash.
- When do I get the deposit back? Should the apartment be returned clean and without damage, the amount of the deposit will be restored to your credit card within a few days. Cash deposits can be collected from the reception of your accommodation, or from your holiday rep(s) on the day of departure.
- Are ski or snowboard lessons offered? We offer ski and snowboard lessons in many of our resorts.
If lessons are not available in the booking process, you can book these at a local ski school of your choice. In many resorts we also cooperate with affiliated ski schools which give you a 5-15% reduction when you book lessons with them locally. Where we have these reductions on offer, they are displayed in the included services of the respective accommodations online. Together with your final holiday documents you will also receive a voucher, which you need to present in resort at the ski school to benefit from the mentioned reduction.
- In which languages are ski and snowboard lessons offered? Besides the destination country's language, generally the lessons are also held in English.
- What type of board is offered? You have the choice between self-catering apartments, pensions with breakfast, and hotels with half-board, full board or All Inclusive board. The corresponding type of board is found in the information on our accommodation page. Board usually starts with the evening meal on the arrival day (if half-board, full board and All Inclusive are booked) and ends with breakfast on the departure day.
- I have booked board as an additional service. Where are the meals served? You will receive the additionally booked meals (booked as an extra) in a nearby-located restaurant or hotel.
6. Departure and Return Journey
- When is check-out? Check-out generally occurs on the morning of the departure day around 10:00 a.m.. You will receive specific information regarding check-out along with the final travel documents and, if available, from your holiday rep(s) locally.
- Can I ski on the day of departure? Should you wish to ski on the day of departure, with many of our offers you have the opportunity to extend your lift pass (for a small fee) at the time of booking online. You only need to select "7 days lift pass" during the booking process. You can also contact us via e-mail or telephone up to 1 p.m. (Mon - Fri) on the effective day before travel, or you can do so - at a greater charge - in the resort. Your luggage can be deposited in your accommodation (sometimes for a fee). In a few accommodations it is possible to shower after skiing (sometimes for a fee).
- How does the departure take place? If travel is booked through us, you can view all necessary information regarding your travel plans here.
7. General Questions
- What is the Best-Price-Guarantee? If you find a better price for the same holiday (including the exact same services and availabilities) with a different tour operator, please e-mail this offer to us via firstname.lastname@example.org, before or latest on the day of making the booking. We will not only match that price but better it by $15 per booking.
Nevertheless, we are convinced that you won't find a better price/service ratio!
- What is the Snow Guarantee? If all ski areas which are included in the booked lift pass, are not open due to lack of snow five days before your departure date (effective day of arrival), you have the opportunity to change your booking to a different holiday for the same dates without extra charges (subject to availability of free rooms; price of the new holiday is calculated at the time of the original booking; valid for holidays with arrivals from 1st of January to 15th of March).
To make use of our Snow Guarantee, please contact us on the 5th day (effective day) before the day of departure (e.g. Monday, if arrival day is Saturday) via e-mail under email@example.com.
- What are the accommodations that are called "Breakfast Pension plus resort name"? Should the property you are interested in have no specific pension name, but rather is called "Breakfast Pension + resort name", this generally means that you will first receive the specific details regarding your accommodation at the tourist centre in the resort. Our "Breakfast Pensions" are pensions in the village offering bed & breakfast, and cosy rooms with bath or shower/wc. We cannot guarantee that groups will be housed in the same property.
- What does "value price" mean when combined with a room/accommodation name? A few accommodations/rooms appear twice in the accommodation overview, once with "value price" and once without. Provided the room description is identical, we can offer you the same room at an especially low price. The two accommodation listings are of equal quality. Therefore, we recommend that you always check availability in the "value price" accommodations first. More information about searching for available rooms can be found here.
- What do the abbreviations SC, BB, HB, FB, AI and shower/wc mean? SC = self-catering
BB = accommodation & breakfast
HB = accommodation & half-board (breakfast + evening meal)
FB = accommodation & full board (breakfast + midday meal + evening meal)
AI = All Inclusive (exact services: see accommodation description)
shower/wc = room has an ensuite bathroom with shower and wc
bath/wc = room has an ensuite bathroom with bath and wc
You need help with your booking, or do you have a special question?