At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe traditional 3-star Apartments Starchenthof are centrally located in the district Oberau. The ski bus stops approx. 50 m from the accommodation and takes you to the Schatzberg lift in Auffach or Niederau, approx. 5 km away. With 3 practise lifts directly at the house, ski-in to the accommodation is possible in the right snow conditions. A cross-country track can be found approx. 100 m away.
The cosy accommodation offers a reception, common room with cable TV, video projector, breakfast room, bar, parlour, wine parlour, Internet corner (payable locally), Wi-Fi (payable locally), and a sauna with roof terrace (incl. Wed and Sun 15:30 - 18:30). 1 x per week a karaoke night is organised (payable locally). A ski cellar with heated ski boot drier, as well as free parking spaces are available as well.
Included in the holiday price is the "Wildschönau ErlebnisCard" which offers various discounts in Wildschönau and the surrounding area, as for example free use of the ski bus between Niederau and Auffach, night bus (Thu - Sat) between Niederau and Auffach, winter hikes (2 x p. week), the mountain farmer museum "z'Bach", snowshow hiking (1 x p. week), etc. (Changes and restrictions to services and opening hours under reserve, as per notice in resort).
Facilities/BoardThe studios are cosily furnished and have a living/sleeping area, shower/wc, cable TV, Wi-Fi (payable locally), safe (incl.), and some also have a balcony or terrace. The kitchenette comprises an electric/gas hob, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee machine. The apartments additionally offer a separate bedroom. Self-catering.
Studio, sleeps 3 (approx. 30 m²), SC
- Visually separated living/sleeping area
- Double bed and sofa bed
- Some with balcony
Apartment, sleeps 4 (approx. 45 m²), SC
- Living/sleeping area with double sofa bed
- Bedroom with double bed
- Some with balcony or terrace
- Pets welcome (€6 - €12 per day, excl. food)
Available in resort (for free)
- Bed linen
- Dish towels
- Use of the sauna (as per description)
- Wildschönau Card (as per info in resort WildschönauCard)
- Children's bed
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 2,00 per person/night
- Final cleaning: € 28,00 per apartment/studio (depens on type max. up to €38)
- Keycard: €2
Available in resort (optional)
- Daily cleaning: €20 per day
- 1x addl. set of bed linen, towels, table wear and dish towels: €5 pp
- Further use of the sauna (with reservation): €10/h
- Karaoke evening (1x per wk.)
- Internet corner and Wi-Fi
- All persons in the Apartment, sleeps 4 (approx. 45 m²), SC receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 55%
- 6-15 years 30%
- 16-18 years 15%
- All persons in the Studio, sleeps 3 (approx. 30 m²), SC receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 55%
- 6-15 years 30%
- 16-18 years 10%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Hopfgarten (approx. 15 km)
- By plane: Innsbruck (approx. 80 km), Salzburg (approx. 105 km), Munich (approx. 160 km)
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,025 m|
|Lowest point:||830 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||936 m|
|Lifts in total:||49|
|Pistes in total:||94 km|
|Ski routes:||16 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?