Active Hotel Wildkogel °°°
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe friendly Active Hotel Wildkogel was partially renovated in 2013 and is situated approx. 3 km from the centre of Wald im Pinzgau, approx. 5 km from the Ski Arena Wildkogel, and approx. 12 km from the Zillertal Arena. The ski bus stop can be found around 100 m away and the local train station is located at the house. The famous Krimml Waterfalls in Krimml (approx. 7 km) and the world's longest toboggan run in Bramberg (approx. 14 km) provide ideal recreational activities. The furnishing of this popular hotel includes a reception, breakfast room and restaurant, a bar, lounge, Wi-Fi in the public areas (incl.), and a ski room. The sauna and organic sauna can be used for free (Sun - Fri, 15:30 - 17:30). Free parking spaces are also available at the hotel.
RoomsThe newly renovated and cosily furnished rooms have a bath or shower/wc, cable TV and mostly a balcony.
BoardThe half-board PLUS, which is included in the holiday price, comprises a breakfast buffet with varying egg dishes, tea buffet and home made delicacies. In the afternoon, an après ski snack with home made cake and/or soup or snack buffet is offered. In the evening there is a buffet with appetisers, salad, at least 2 main dishes, various side dishes, and dessert. Vegetarian meals, dietary as well as gluten and lactose free dishes can also be prepared (on request, payable locally).
- Pets welcome (€8 per night, excl. food, max. 1 pet per room)
- No room cleaning on Sundays.
- In case you have booked equipment hire through us, the hire shop is located in Bramberg (approx. 12 km).
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of sauna and organic sauna
- Sauna towel
- Wi-Fi (in public areas)
- Children's bed
- Children's high chair
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
- €20 value voucher for tandem flight
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 1,55 per person/night
- Key card: €2
Available in resort (optional)
- Gluten- and lactose-free cuisine (on request): €5 per request/day
- All persons in the Double room, shower/wc, HB PLUS receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 45%
- 6-14 years 20%
- 15-18 years 5%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/2 addl. beds, shower/wc, HB PLUS, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 5 years 100%
- 6-14 years 50%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB PLUS, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 5 years 100%
- 6-14 years 50%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Jenbach (approx. 50 km)
- By plane: Innsbruck (approx. 95 km), Salzburg (approx. 155 km), Munich (approx. 215 km)
Active Hotel Wildkogel
205 Number of reviews:
70 % Recommendation rate:
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,500 m|
|Lowest point:||580 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,600 m|
|Lifts in total:||59|
|Pistes in total:||143 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?