Berghotel Dachstein ***
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe 3-Star Berghotel Dachstein lies in midst in the ski area of the ski association Amadé, at the foot of the Dachstein mountain, at an altitude of approx. 1,800 m above sea level. In only approx. 200 m distance you can reach the glacier lift to the Dachstein glacier. Once there, not only is an excellent ski area awaiting you, but also an intense training cross-country trail. The centre of Ramsau is approx. 9 km away. A free ski bus (with valid lift pass) takes you into the resort, the bus stop is located directly at the accommodation.
The Berghotel Dachstein consists of a main house and an approx. 20 m away annex house and offers a reception, a parlour, a big sun terrace, a small bar in the annex house (open daily from 20:00), a ski and boot room, as well as a sauna (incl.). Free parking spaces available, based on availability.
FurnishingThe basic rooms all offer a shower/wc, sat-TV, and Wi-Fi. Accommodation may occur in the main house or in the side building.
BoardThe half board included in the travel costs comprises a breakfast buffet as well as a 3-course evening meal of choice. The Christmas and New year's eve menu is also included. All meals will take place in the main house.
Double room, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms with satellite TV
Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms with satellite TV
- Pets: per request (€9/night, excl. food)
- Depending on the weather conditions winter equipment for your car is essential (snow chain law!). Further a toll is required for the drive up to the hotel (first drive-up at arrival is free of charge).
- Accommodation can occur either in the main or side building.
- Children born in 2011 or after can use the lifts for free when accompanied by an adult. Should your child use the lifts independently or take part in ski lessions, a mini card (lift pass) has to be acquired in resort. The same applies to the use of lifts in other ski areas.
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of the sauna
- Christmas and New Year's Eve menu
- Children's bed (on request)
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 2,00 per person/night
- Keycard: €3
Available in resort (optional)
- Children's lunch with child care service (within the ski school programme)
- Biathlon tester course in small caliber, air pressure, and laser guns in Ramsau (approx. €10/15 min.)
- Arrival/Departure to/from Hotel toll: approx. €10 p.p./week (from 15 years), first arrival is free
- All persons in the Double room, shower/wc, HB receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 55%
- 6-15 years 30%
- 16-18 years 20%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 6 years 100%
- 7-12 years 50%
- from 13 years 30%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Schladming (approx. 10 km)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 90 km), Linz (approx. 165 km), Graz (approx. 190 km), Innsbruck (approx. 235 km), Munich (approx. 325 km)
18 Number of reviews:
56 % Recommendation rate:
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,700 m|
|Lowest point:||1,100 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,200 m|
|Lifts in total:||16|
|Pistes in total:||30 km|
|Ski routes:||9 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?