At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe family-run 3-star Gasthof Platzwirt lies in the pedestrian zone of Rauris, approx. 400 m from the Hochalm lift. The accommodation comprises a main building, as well as a side building, which is approx. 200 m away. The nearest ski bus stop is approx. 20 m away. Facilities include a reception, lobby, lift, dining parlour, large dining hall, Wi-Fi (incl.), as well as a ski room. The 90 m² big spa area with steam bath, sauna, infrared cabin, and relaxation room can be used for free. Furthermore, it is possible to take part in recreational activities, such as tobogganing and torchlight hikes, as well as to take the bus to the thermal temple in Bad Hofgastein or Kaprun (payable locally, sign-up at Tourism Association Rauris). Free parking spaces are also available.
RoomsThe cosy rooms have a bath or shower/wc and cable TV. All rooms located in the main building also offer a telephone, radio, hair dryer, as well as a balcony or terrace.
BoardThe already included half-board PLUS comprises a rich breakfast buffet, packed lunch for the piste, afternoon snack with coffee/tea and cake, as well as ice cream for the kids, 3-course menu of choice with salad buffet, as well as 2 drinks per person per day during dinner (e.g. 0.25 l soft drinks, ⅛ L table wine, 0.3 L beer, coffee/tea, no spirits). 1 x per week a regional speciality will be served. The Christmas and New Year's Eve dinner are already included. All meals will be consumed in the main building.
Double room, shower/wc, HB PLUS
- Cosy rooms with cable TV
- Located in side building
Double room/2 addl. beds, shower/wc, HB PLUS
- Cosy rooms with cable TV
- 2 additional beds or bunk bed
- Balcony or terrace
- Pets welcome (€5 per day, excl. food)
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of spa area (as per description Use of steam bath, sauna, infrared cabin and relaxation room)
- Christmas and New Year's Eve menu
- Children's bed
- Children's high chair
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 2,00 per person/night
- Keycard: €2
Available in resort (optional)
- 2 x per week toboggan evening
- 2 x per week shuttle bus to thermal baths in Bad Hofgastein or Kaprun (bookable in tourism office)
- Once per week torch hike (approx. €1 per torch,bookable in tourism office)
- All persons in the Double room, shower/wc, HB PLUS receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 45%
- 6-15 years 25%
- 16-18 years 10%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/2 addl. beds, shower/wc, HB PLUS, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 10 years 100%
- 11-14 years 50%
- from 15 years 30%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Taxenbach- Rauris (approx. 10 km), Zell am See (approx. 30 km)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 95 km), Innsbruck (approx. 175 km), Munich (approx. 195 km)
Rauris - Hochalm
Information about the ski area
Rauris - Hochalm
|Highest point:||2,175 m|
|Lowest point:||940 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||950 m|
|Lifts in total:||12|
|Pistes in total:||32 km|
|Ski routes:||5 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?