Chalet Tauernblick °°.
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe cosy Chalet Tauernblick lies at approx. 1,200 m above sea level, approx. 10 km from the resort centre of Mittersill. The panoramic lift Kitzbühel can be reached after approx. 400 m and the ski bus stops directly in front of the house. In good snow conditions it is possible to ski-in to approx. 400 m from the accommodation. An insider's tip is the snow sure high altitude cross-country track "Hochmoor", which is located in close proximity to the house.
The furnishing of the accommodation comprises the approx. 30 m distant restaurant Tauernblick (also offers daily fresh bread rolls), a ski cellar, as well as parking spaces and a parking garage (incl.).
Furnishing/BoardThe free-standing, well-kept and nicely furnished chalets comprise double rooms with wash basins, a large living/sleeping area with dining corner, as well as 2 x shower/wc, cable TV, Wi-Fi (incl.) and a sun balcony. The comfortable kitchen includes a refrigerator with freezer compartment, hob, oven, microwave, dishwasher, electric kettle, toaster, and a coffee machine. Self-catering. A bread roll service is available on-site (payable locally) and an evening menu in the restaurant Tauernblick (approx. 30 m) can be booked in resort (upon prior reservation).
- Pets not allowed
- In case you have booked equipment hire through us, the hire shop is located in Bramberg (approx. 20 km).
Available in resort (for free)
- Final cleaning
- Wi-Fi (in the room)
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
- Parking garage (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 2,00 per person/night
- Deposit: €200 per chalet (cash payment, no credit card)
- Keycard: €2
Available in resort (optional)
- Bread roll service
- Bed linen and towels: €10 pp
- Evening menu in the restaurant Tauernblick (as per description)
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Kitzbühel (approx. 20 km)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 95 km), Innsbruck (approx. 120 km), Munich (approx. 180 km)
8 Number of reviews:
100 % Recommendation rate:
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,000 m|
|Lowest point:||800 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||1,274 m|
|Lifts in total:||54|
|Pistes in total:||179 km|
|Ski routes:||36 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?