At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe Chalet Münichau is located on the edge of Reith bei Kitzbühel, directly opposite the Hotel Schloss Münichau (approx. 20 m). The resort centre of Reith bei Kitzbühel can be reached within approx. 1 km. The ski bus stops directly in front of the accommodation and takes you to the ski area Hahnenkamm Kitzbühel (approx. 5 km).
The chalet offers a small steam bath and a sauna. The Hotel Schloss Münichau on the opposit side of the street further offers a reception, bar, common room, Wi-Fi (incl.) restaurant, dining hall as well as a ski and boots room. Parking spaces are also available at the accommodation (incl.)
RoomsThe cosy rooms have a bath or shower/wc and cable TV
BoardThe half board included in the holiday price comprises a rich breakfast buffet as well as a 3-course menu of choice or a themed buffet in the evening. A vegetarian menu is available on request. All meals for all guests are served in Hotel Schloss Münichau.
Double room, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms with cable TV
Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB
- Cosy rooms with cable TV
- Pets welcome (€10 per pet/day, excl. food, advance notification required)
- When booking rooms with multiple or additional beds, there is no claim to the additional beds
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of steam bath
- Use of the sauna
- Children's bed (upon pre-request)
- Parking spaces (upon availability)
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 1,80 per person/night
- Christmas dinner: €13 per person
- New Year's Eve dinner: €36 per person
- Keycard: €2
- All persons in the Double room, shower/wc, HB receive the following reduction:
- until (incl.) 5 years 40%
- 6-15 years 20%
- 16-18 years 10%
- When accommodating 2 persons paying the full holiday price in a Double room/addl. bed, shower/wc, HB, further holiday participants receive:
- until (incl.) 5 years 100%
- 6-12 years 50%
- 13-15 years 30%
- from 16 years 20%
The exact amount of the reduction will be shown after an offer has been prepared (click on desired price).
The percentage of the reduction applies to the entire basic per person price including the accommodation and lift pass price.
Babies, less that 24 months of age at the time of travel, generally travel for free, but need to be listed on the booking confirmation.
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Kitzbühel (in resort)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 75 km), Innsbruck (approx. 100 km), Munich (approx. 165 km)
Chalet Schloss Münichau
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,000 m|
|Lowest point:||800 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||800 m|
|Lifts in total:||54|
|Pistes in total:||170 km|
|Ski routes:||36 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?