Gasthof Hechenmoos **
At a glance
Location and facilitiesThe family-run Gasthof Hechenmoos lays directly at the foot of the 7 km long Giggling piste in the middle of the ski area and approx. 6 km from the famous ski resort Kitzbühel, at an altitude of approx. 850 m above sea level. Ski-in to the accommodation is possible, provided the snow conditions are sufficient. The free ski bus stops directly at the accommodation and takes you easily to nearest ski area access point. Cross-country skiers can also get a good start into the trail network from the house. The cosy Gasthof offers a small reception with Wi-Fi (incl. only in reception area), a cosy parlour with tiled stove, lounge for smokers, a spacious restaurant (noon-smoking) with open fire place, bar and teeny and children's playroom with table tennis and darts. Ski equipment can be easily and securely stowed away in the ski room with heated ski boot room, and little ones will be thrilled to meet the house-own donkey. Further there is free use of the sauna and steam bath, daily between 16:00 and 19:00. On request the sauna can also be used (payable locally). Free parking spaces are to be found at the accommodation.
Furnishing/BoardThe cosily furnished rooms offer a bath or shower/wc, satellite TV (some with flat-screen TV), radio and some also have a balcony. The included half-board comprises a welcome drink on the day of arrival (1 hot drink for children and 1 mulled wine or punch for adults), a rich breakfast buffet with organic food corner, a 4-course evening meal with choice and and soup, salad buffet, 2 main dishes to choose from and dessert, as well as a weekly themed buffet (farmer's buffet or Italian buffet).
- Pets welcome (€6 per day, excl. food, only dogs)
- Non-smoking rooms
Available in resort (for free)
- Use of the sauna (as per description)
- Use of the steam bath (as per description)
- Welcome drink
- Participation in guest programme of the TVB Kitzbühel, as per weekly programme
- Wi-Fi (on ground floor)
- Parking spaces
Payable in resort
- Tourist tax: approx. € 1,10 per person/night
- Keycard: €2
Available in resort (optional)
- Solarium: approx. € 6/20 min.
- Baby's cot: €5 per day
How does one best travel to Austria? Airports include Salzburg, Innsbruck, Klagenfurt, and Linz. Depending on your destination, Munich or Friedrichshafen (in Germany) or Zurich (in Switzerland) are also good options. In Austria, you will rarely find a train station in the resort. The distances from the different train stations and airports to the resorts are shown above the map. Those travelling by car will find a link to a route planner in the lower lefthand corner of the map. Simply enter your origin location and a route will be calculated for you. Please note, that it is wise to be informed about the closure of mountain passes during the winter months! Please also take into consideration that your car is required to be equipped for winter conditions, and that you will need snow chains with you.
- By train: Kitzbühel (in resort)
- By plane: Salzburg (approx. 75 km), Innsbruck (approx. 100 km), Munich (approx. 165 km)
8 Number of reviews:
100 % Recommendation rate:
Information about the ski area
|Highest point:||2,000 m|
|Lowest point:||800 m|
|Altitude ski resort:||800 m|
|Lifts in total:||54|
|Pistes in total:||179 km|
|Ski routes:||36 km|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the perfect holiday? If you have a date in mind for your ski holiday, use the search engine Search & Book. This will allow you to search for holidays by specifying the destination you wish to visit and the number of people in your group. Alternatively you have the opportunity to search using our Holiday Categories or Last Minute Deals. If you are rather looking for a week's party and fun on the piste for next to nothing, then you might be interested in our Events.
- What types of accommodation are there and how do they differentiate? A detailed overview of our accommodations can be found here
- How can I book a holiday? Online Booking: After choosing your accommodation and room category, you'll be guided through the booking process.
Telephone Booking: Just give us a call. For making the booking, please have the names and dates of birth of all travellers available.
- Is the lift pass included? Generally the lift pass is already included in the holiday price. Further information regarding this can be found here.
All information regarding booking amendments can be found under the point "I've already booked. Can I still book additional services?".
- Is it beneficial to book ski/snowboard equipment or lessons in advance?